Thursday, April 17, 2008

In the Beginning

Have you ever wondered what it is like to have a "mountain top" experience actually on a mountain top. I have. This is the story a 6 day bicycle trip starting June 15 over the mountains of Georgia and North Carolina, investigating God's presence in the places and with people we often overlook. I wonder, will I find that people cling to religion out of bitterness, fear or frustration (as Obama speculated), or is there something much deeper. Each Day I will post an audio and written devotional revealing what I find. I go into this adventure with no preconceived ideas of a conclusion, but I confess to hoping to find God in a real and authentic way. The destination is not as important as the journey.

I hope you will enjoy this investigative effort to discover the real meaning of God in the lives of ordinary Americans.

1 comment:

Anna B said...

I'm excited to read of your journey, friend!