Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Training Update

Recently I have been riding my mountain bike on the road to prepare for my trip. My touring set up is much like a mountain bike configuration. Plus, mountain bikes are heavier. Today, I got out the road bike just to change things up. Wow, I should have trained on my mountain bike when I was racing. It was like pedaling a feather!

I actually put down about 28 miles at race pace, which doesn't sound like much, but it is not bad for my current fitness. I didn't wear a heart rate monitor but I could tell I was on the edge of my anaerobic threshhold for the entire ride. Now, that information won't mean much to anyone other than obsessive compulsive cyclists. But the point is that I felt I huge since of affirmation that I can actually pull this tour off, bad neck and all.

I am on a big kick right now with God. I just want to do stuff in my ministry life where I see him already working. Truth is, however, this ride is a bit selfish. There was no great prayer vigil that went into doing this ride. I have found great reasons to do it, like supporting the Atlanta Dream Center. But it started as a simple idea to test myself. Frankly, I have had my doubts. This ride involves alot of weight over a lot of mountains. But today, I felt God's affirmation that He wants me to do it, and that through His strength I can do it.

That has me fired up and motivated.

No comments: