Thursday, April 24, 2008

That Doesn't Go There!

I thought you might want to know more about my last 2 days of training rides....you know the mph, the distance, the heart rates and zones......yeah right. I know what you really want to know........What do you do when you breath in a bug at 20 mph? The answer is cough and hack until it either finishes its journey down, or you are lucky enough to get it up and swallow it. The fact is, sometimes things get stuck where they don't belong, and can cause major havoc until you get rid of it.

I have found sin in my life to fit this pattern. It seems that I can't get comfortable with it, until I get rid of it. Oh yeah, I can bury it or perhaps cough it up and swallow it, but there is something very unsettling about knowing it is still there. The only thing that will really make me feel better, like that bug, is to be absolved of and from it.

As I rounded the last turn before my subdivision tonight I had just such an experience. I am sure all the motorist thought, look at that pathetic guy coughing up his lungs and trying to ride that bike. They probably thought I was a smoker out to get a little exerice. Somewhere a mile or so down the road I got it out, and life on the road got back to normal.

Do you have things in the middle of your life that just don't belong there? Take it from me, you won't get comfortable until you get rid of it.

No comments: