Friday, June 20, 2008

Miracle on the Mountain

Today was the day that I drew closest to God. I left Hiawassee at 9:15 and pedaled back into town to grab breakfast. At 10:00 I headed towards Franklin, NC. For next 4 hours I watched my 2 water bottles dwindle down to nothing as a climbed an 11 mile climb after moving into NC......no drinkable water in sight.

A little education here.....hydration is your life in endurance activity......you run out of water.......you shut down.....that simple.

At the crest of the climb I later discovered is called by the locals "Chunky Gal", a local told me I still had another mountain to go over before I would find water. That is when I began to pray in earnest.

Several miles later as I was asking God for his provision I found this on the side of the road.......see the picture. I picked it and put it in my bag knowing I would survive the second climb.

Although I did not have to use God's gift, I clearly see He was sending me a message of His provision for my needs. Within 2 miles of thie gift, I crested the second long climb, enjoyed 5 mile descent right into the drive of a Fire Station that allowed me to top my water supply for the rest of the journey.

Today, I feel like the Israelites as the mana fell from Heaven. I hope I do better than they did of staying faithful and grateful.

Today I am leaving Franklin for Waynesville.....in essence heading for home......2 big mountains to climb. I will not make the same mistake today. I know these roads and hills well. Yesterday was a miracle on the mountain.
g
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: